Saturday, May 15, 2010

Potatoes

Yesterday I bought 50 lbs. of potatoes. I have been washing and peeling and baking and boiling and mashing potatoes for the last 3-4 hours. I am tired of potatoes, and I still have more to go. Throughout the week I plan to work on some twice baked potatoes and some potato skins, maybe even some soups. It is tiring now, but I know it will be such a relief when I can come home from a busy day, pull a meatloaf, some mashed potatoes and rolls out of the freezer, pop 'em in the oven and heat up a veggie. I am looking forward to all the times things will be easier because of the work I am putting in now. Isn't that what keeps us all working away? What's the point of busting our buns if there is no goal in mind? I've been thinking a lot about goals lately. There are so many things I would like to do or have happen, but I think it is high time for me to figure out which of those are most important and how to accomplish them. Well, it's midnight and I'm rather tired, so maybe I'll think more on it tomorrow. God bless you! Have a great Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment