Saturday, May 8, 2010

Meatloaf

Well, yesterday I made nine meatloaves and several batches of rolls to stick in the freezer. It was a lot of fun. Especially seeing the whole counter lined with food. After everything was in the freezer though, I decided to just relax for a while. I logged on to facebook, which until recently has been a rare occasion for me. It just doesn't usually hold much interest for me. I enjoy seeing what's going on in the lives of my friends, but so much of it is something about an imaginary farm or mall or mafia or vampire. I want to know how my friends are really doing, not how they may fare in a video game. The last two weeks or so, however, I have actually taken the time to search for friends instead of just accepting the one's who added me. That has been a lot of fun. I was able to get a better insight into some of my current acquaintances and find some friends I haven't talked to in ages. I even looked up some of the people I went to elementary school with before I moved in 6th grade. I have come across profiles of people who had a profound impact on my life for the better, and people who have caused me great struggles or heartache (Needless to say I didn't add those ones). It has been a very interesting time for this as I have begun working on my inventory for CR. There are so many people and so many events which have had a major impact in who I am today. Things that have contributed to my greatest insecurities, and people who have built me up and helped me get going back in the right direction when the chaos of my own poor choices left me dizzy. It is so easy to believe that the past is in the past and we should, "Suck it up and drive on." (a famous quote from my family of origin.) The things that happened in my past though, have had a great deal more impact on the way I handle today than I ever realized. So, for the sake of learning to take care of me, I'm going to clean those wounds even though it will hurt. And I'm going to embrace the things that have influenced me for good, even if I didn't at the time. May God bless you greatly, and may you appreciate His blessings even when they sting for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment