Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Doing Something for Me

Sorry I didn't get anything posted yesterday. I had a great day, though. I finally went and got my nails done. This is something I have been wanting to do for myself for years. Then this morning I find out they are driving my husband crazy. He loves them, too. Now, I didn't do them for him but I am glad he likes them. It means he's not likely to fuss about me getting them done. It is so nice to take an hour out for myself and do something just for me. If you haven't done anything for you lately, you should. The world isn't going to stop turning if you quit worrying about everyone else for a moment, or two even. What a relief that is!
It was great for me to be able to tell my children a friend was comming to babysit so Mommy could have a little time to herself, too. I hope that will be something they'll remember and know when they are in the midst of their own balancing act that they deserve a momment to themselves every once in a while, too, and that it won't scar their families. Now I just have to work out a routine for keeping it up. That is they key to my balancing act. . . ROUTINE. When I fall out of my routine with the children they get destructive. When I fail to keep up my routine on housework I get completely overwhelmed by it. When I lose one routine it throws all the others off, and I know that if I don't keep a routine for keeping myself up and doing things for me I will never be able to make time for it. So, those are my thoughts for the day: do something for yourself and use routine to your advantage! I hope tomorrow to discuss more about my routine for anyone who doesn't have one and would like an example of a (relatively) balanced routine. May God bless you and may you take the time to enjoy His blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment